Michelangelo is a startup from Vienna, currently hiring to the core team. We are open-minded, young and motivated. We love art, science and sports. Join us and help others to create awesome virtual worlds!
Internship for students
- Vienna (AT) or remote
- Starting date
- any time
- up to €2000
We invite motivated students who are willing to learn new skills in computer graphics, visualization, geometry, artificial intelligence, generative design, architecture, interior design or related disciplines to join Michelangelo for an internship. It can be linked with a Bc. or a MSc. thesis. We will be glad to provide supervision for you. There is a bounty waiting at the end of a successful thesis.
As our intern you may not only develop your professional skills, but also join the i2c workshops on soft skills and enterpreneurship with top international mentors. The everyday life of a startup is very exciting :)
You may learn how to use Michelangelo and directly ask about details.
The world of procedural modeling is complex and not easy to understand. We can guide you through and help you to create your own student project as part of Michelangelo. Here are some questions that can inspire you:
- [copmuter science] What is the role of semantics in 3D modeling?
- [copmuter science] Why are context sensitive languages difficult?
- [artificial intelligence] How can a system learn to predict what users think?
- [artificial intelligence] Can Michelangelo recognize objects?
- [geometry] What are the best methods for modeling with smooth surfaces?
- [geometry] How do computers perceive placement of objects?
- [visualization] Is it possible to show the whole cloud data in one image?
- [computer graphics] What is so difficult about natural phenomena?
- [computer graphics] What are the characteristis of lights and how to design them?
- [animation] Can we generate moving objects?
- [computer graphics] What are physically-based materials?
- [computer graphics] What are the limits of web graphics?
Behind each of the questions there is an interesting scientific problem. If you wish to find out more, or if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
We work with
- C#, Java, Python
- Mitsuba, Blender
- D3, Three.js/WebGL, Knockout
Are you interested?
*We'll never share your email with anyone else.